Wednesday, May 07, 2014

The current office project


I generally do not take a lunch like normal people.  I do not go to the Student Union to eat the food available, and if I eat lunch I do it in my office.  The one thing I do every day is work on my quilt.

A while ago I realized I am the only person on our staff who does not take a lunch break and decided it is just time.  I brought in the pieces of a Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt I had started many, many years before.  Early this year I finished the piecing.

To keep the momentum, I took the quilt home to pin and brought it back.  Now I quilt a few hexies each day.  I can usually get 6-7 done.  I work four days a week so it is coming along quite nicely.  I am about 1/4 of the way done.
 

3 comments:

Karin said...

the quilt is beautiful! Great work on the hand quilting! It will be a treasure for generations to come! GFG is one of my all-time faves for sure. I have a hexie flower quilt (like GFG with no borders) that I have been working on for a couple years - I have about half of the hexagons pieced, so I know how much work and dedication it takes to make a quilt like this! Keep up the good work!

Kate said...

What a great way to spend your lunch time. I love how the yellow background really makes those hexies pop.

Sylvia said...

Major accomplishment. I used to do that many years ago with crocheting an afghan. I wanted to get away and before I knew it there was a room full of women making afghans.