In 2006, when my husband passed away, I put all the quilts in my sewing in boxes. I really was not able to look at them for many years. Actually, about five years. Almost three years ago now I reached a good place in my life to finally open the boxes. There were 20 some odd quilts in various stages of progress. I made it a mission to get them finished.
I created a spreadsheet of all the quilts and estimated the start dates for each. I went down the list and completed most of them. This is the last of the unfinished tops. I now have two that need to be machine quilted and have two that are hand quilted. Each of those is about 1/2 done. Maybe by the end of the year I will have them all finished.
I will admit this was great therapy! The Lone Star was the one I fear the most due to the inset seams. It really turned out er than I expected. My youngest daughter has asked that she get it once quilted.