Monday, January 06, 2014

Scrappy Hourglass

I thought I had discovered all the missing quilts in my house.  Not so much.  I decided to clean out the hall closet last weekend and found yet another one.  I had totally forgotten about this one.

I participated in a 6 inch charm exchange many years ago and decided to make hourglass blocks.  The goal was to make 400 and do a 20x20 set of them.  I love the blocks and the scrappy look.  I found there were 170 completed blocks already in the bin so I am well on my way.  I guess this is now my oldest UFO project since it was started around 1999. 

Here's to getting it done in 2014.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

It's funny how projects get away and hide till we forget about them! LOL

Kris said...

Hey, Chris!! I was just thinking about you this morning when I was going through my blog list and saw you had not posted in about 6 weeks!! So good to see you back again! And your Scrappy Hourglass is great!! 1999 - that was many years before I even learned to quilt!! :-)) How's the grandbaby??

Nancy said...

Welcome back to blogland - good to see your post in my reader this AM.

Love the hourglass blocks and the scrappiness.

Kate said...

Fun blocks. Good luck with your UFO list for 2014. You did really well last year.